- Quinoa elbow pasta (1 box)
- 1 can black beans, rinsed
- 1/4 C. canola oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. cumin
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. onion powder
- A dash of salt
- In a small sauce pan saute garlic and 1/8 C. of canola oil (until garlic is golden brown).
- Bring water to a boil in a large pot, add dry pasta, stirring frequently, for 7-8minutes.
- Turn off water, rinse and return to pot.
- Add sauteed garlic and oil to pasta and mix (this prevents the pasta from sticking together).
- In a medium sized pot saute onion with the rest of the canola oil (until onion is golden brown).
- Add black beans and seasonings.
- Mix and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Place pasta in a bowl, top with black bean mix and you are ready to eat!