Classic Hummus Recipe
1 can (15oz.) of chickpeas/garbanzo beans, washed and strained
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (1 large lemon)
1/4 cup of tahini
1/2 garlic clove, minced/chopped
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
2 to 3 tablespoons water
Ground paprika for garnish
1. Place tahini and lemon juice in a food processor, mix for 1 minute
2. Scrape sides and then add 2 Tbsp. of olive oil, garlic, cumin, and salt. Mix for another 30 seconds, scrape sides again, and then mix for 30 seconds more
3. Add half the can of chickpeas and mix until creamy (about 1 minute), scrape the sides and add the rest, mixing until smooth and creamy
4. If the consistency is too thick, add water (1 tbsp at a time) until the texture looks perfect.
5. Remove from food processor, drizzle 1 Tbsp. of olive oil over the top and sprinkle with paprika for a fresh looking garnish.
Pair 2 tablespoons of hummus with 1 cup of raw veggies for a delicious, healthy, and filling snack!
Get access to my newsletter!
Subscribe to my e-mail list to get weekly updates, videos, healthy recipes, nutrition tips, and more!