Gluten Free Sweet Potato Gnocchi
Over sautéed spinach with garlic, olive oil, & pine nuts
Serves 8 – 1 Cup Servings
- 2 large sweet potatoes, baked and pureed (makes 2 cups)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2-3 cups brown rice flour
- 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 1/4 C. shredded parmesan cheese
- 3 Cups spinach (frozen of fresh)
- 1/4 C. pine nuts
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2-3 Tbsp. olive oil
- Chives and pepper, for garnish
1. Bake sweet potatoes in 400F oven, when they are fully cooked, remove flesh from skins and add to food processor.
2. Add egg and salt to sweet potato and mix, turning it into a puree.
3. Remove from food processor and add 1 Cup of flour at a time. Using your hands is the best way to form dough into a ball (not too thick and not too sticky).
4. Roll dough into 6 logs then cut into 1 inch squares and add to boiling water.
5. When the gnocchi rise to the top of the pot remove them and add to buttered frying pan on medium heat. Flip and turn gnocchi until all sides are golden brown.
6. In a separate frying pan, add olive oil and chopped garlic. Add frozen or fresh spinach and cook on medium heat. After about 5 minutes add in pine nuts and cook until done.
7. Lastly, place sautéed spinach and pine nuts to your dish, then add the gnocchi on top. Add parmesan cheese then sprinkle pepper and chives to garnish!
Get access to my newsletter!
Subscribe to my e-mail list to get weekly updates, videos, healthy recipes, nutrition tips, and more!