- 8, 4-oz thin, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup reduced fat shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 can no salt added tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 yellow onion, peeled and sliced
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- black pepper
- salt to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Season chicken with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, garlic powder and onion powder. Place on grill and cook over medium heat on both sides until internal temperature reaches over 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- While chicken is on the grill start making your sauce. In a medium sauce pan add the remaining olive oil and garlic slices; cook over low heat until slightly brown. Then add onion, tomato paste, tomato sauce, and water. Cook on medium-high stirring frequently. When sauce starts to blend into desired consistency reduce heat to low and add basil, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper to taste.
- In a baking dish add chicken, top with sauce and cheese, then bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Pair with a garden salad or steamed broccoli for an even healthier twist!
Get access to my newsletter!
Subscribe to my e-mail list to get weekly updates, videos, healthy recipes, nutrition tips, and more!