I don’t know about you but now that the worlds finally opening back up, I have a social event every weekend!
If I was dieting this would stress me out.
Having an unhealthy relationship with food makes fun events so NOT fun.
Instead of focusing on connecting with people I’d worry and have thoughts like:
-What will I eat?
-When will I workout?
-Why even try?
-Maybe I just shouldn’t go…
-I’ll just start over on Monday
These thoughts are signs that the plan you’re on isn’t backed up with a balanced mindset or long term intentions.
I know this because when you have a strong relationship with food, you don’t get anxious about eating.
When you finally give up dieting and embrace a healthy lifestyle instead, these are the thoughts that come up before a social event:
-I can’t wait to see my family and friends
-I’m looking forward to enjoying the activity
-Finally the world is opening up again
-Grateful to have a change of scenery from the monotony of the week
-Excited to have a break from cooking a meal!
Notice how most of the healthier thoughts have little to do with food—THATS how you know your relationship with food is healing.
You no longer obsess about what and how much to eat because you trust you can navigate any situation.
Use these tips below if you need help with this-
1. Don’t go there hungry- skipping meals to “save” your calories will back fire
2. Bring something you know you’ll want- something like a veggie platter, a salad, or a fruit basket
3. Stay hydrated with water- our bodies confuse hunger with dehydration; staying hydrated will help you decipher the two. Also remember to have a glass of water between each drink!
4. Scan your options before building your plate- select what you really want and balance out the rest. If options are available, use the plate method! Fill 1/2 your plate with non-starchy veggies, 1/4 starch, and 1/4 protein.
5. Check in with your hunger- when full, walk around, engage in conversation, and have fun; that’s why you’re there!
Still need help? Go to http://www.tipswithtoni.com/coaching to apply to work with us for more individualized advice!
With Lots Of Healthy Love,
Get access to my newsletter!
Subscribe to my e-mail list to get weekly updates, videos, healthy recipes, nutrition tips, and more!